Monday, May 14, 2012

Reflecting On the First Week

After my first full week (Monday through Sunday) I'm very Proud of myself!  I ate healthy all week!  We didn't have any take out during the week!  I was under my calorie goal all but the first day!!!

There were very few times this week that I felt hungry and when I did I would take note so that the next day I could have a more filling meal to prevent it.  Every night when I completed my entry for the day I was so proud.  I think my husband is about sick of hearing "I was under on calories again today!" and "It feels so good to know I'm being healthy!"

Saturday was my sister's college graduation.  I knew we were going to my favorite Japanese steak house for dinner so I got my butt on the treadmill.  I went 2.9 miles and burned 479 calories.  I'm pretty sure that didn't cover everything I ate, but it was better than nothing!  I also only ate half the meal.  I also love that the meal consists of a lot of vegetables.  The mixed veggies are zucchini, onions and broccoli and each entree is half mushrooms!  Plus you get bean sprouts.  I did splurge and have two beers though.

Then yesterday, on Mother's Day I relaxed on my strictness.  After all, I was REALLY good all week and I am a mother twice over now.  I had 2 glasses of wine, a Diet Coke (I rarely drink soda) just enough lasagna to no longer feel hungry and 1.5 pieces of cheese cake.  For me this was pretty good.  I normally eat so much lasagna that I don't want to move and the cheese cake was a surprise.  I do wish I had drank more water though.  When we are out and about is when I'm the worst about it and all weekend we were out and about.  Hopefully getting re-hydrated today will still help me see a good number tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining me on my journey!